Leadership and Management
In a recent study carried out by by the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills Leadership and Management Network Group (LMNG)- July 2012, it was found that:
- Ineffective leadership and management is estimated to be costing UK businesses over £19billion per year in lost working hours.
- 43% of UK managers rate their own line manager as ineffective – and only one in five are qualified.
- Nearly three quarters of organisations in England reported a deficit of management and leadership skills in 2012.
- Incompetence or bad management of company directors causes 56 % of corporate failures.
Our bespoke programmes are designed to meet the needs of your organisation as well as developing the core leadership and management skills needed today by effective leaders and managers:
- Providing effective leadership.
- Strategy and Planning.
- People Management.
- Budget and Financial Planning.
- Risk Management.
- Fostering innovation and creativity.
- Partnership working -developing collaborative relationships with other organisations.
Typically, our approach would be to work with you in:
- Assessing the current situation - Performance against key performance indicators, products and services provided, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Identifying the skill gaps - current and future (in conjunction with the mission and vision). Identifying the measures that will demonstrate how/when the gaps are filled.
- Addressing the skills gaps - identifying employees showing potential and developing them (talent management) or through recruitment.
- Choosing the right development activity - developing bespoke training courses/programmes, shadowing, buddying, coaching, structured and informal feedback, creating personal development plans, getting the timing right.
For more information 'Contact Us'
or if you prefer contact Sue Brown directly on 07802 789158.